The main purpose of the role is to deliver all project works up to the value of £15k and provide support to core contract delivery where required within the region. Commercial project works will also form part of the role as required and agreed with the Area Manager.
Reporting to the Area Manager the jobholder will be responsible for the planning, implementation and tracking of projects from quotation project handover ensuring that all works are carried out in accordance with company policy and statutory legislation and meets the client specification. The role holder will be accountable for financial profit and loss works under their control and will produce weekly reports to the SMT and client in order to achieve operational and financial targets. The role will also require the successful candidate to support core operations where required and RM Chivenor and CTCRM Lympstone.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervision of core works. Ensure all works are completed safely to all current health and safety legislation. Manage planned and reactive maintenance to meet all contract KPI
- Responsible for scoping, costing and project managing life cycle replacement and client generated AWS project works
- Responsible for the delivery on time and within budget of AWS project works including pre-start meetings, health and safety, programme and snagging for a variety of project types including mechanical and electrical, building and minor works.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure compliance with client and company health and safety processes and procedures including CDM regulations.
- Prepare, plan and co-ordinate all activities associated with disruptions arising from project works including liaison with the client and all related parties.
- Appoint and manage suitable contractors and/or manage self-perform operatives to deliver the site works.
- Ensure all project opportunities are assessed for commercial and safety risks and priced accordingly.
- Display a sound knowledge of contract requirements for the services managed.
- Provide technical advice and support to directly employed staff.
- Promote a pro-active Safety Culture.
- HNC or trade qualified in an electrical/mechanical or building discipline
- Previous experience in either a supervisor or project manager role
- Competent with standard MS office applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Projects and Outlook. Experienced at analysing data, read and interpret construction drawings, understanding the outcomes and transposing the information to make key business decisions