Job Title: Transport First Line Manager
Salary: Up to £27,000 P.A plus bonus
Contract Type: Temporary to Permanent / Full time
Sector: Logistics & Distribution
All CVs to - firstname.lastname@example.org
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Transport First Line Manager to join the team of a large National Warehouse, Distribution company based in Coventry.
As a Transport First Line Manager your duties will include:
- Supporting the Transport Manager in managing all aspects of the transport operation, including resourcing available drivers to enable support. Ensuring seamless link between Transport and Operations.
- Managing day to day scheduling and planning of the transport operation to ensure SLA's are achieved.
- Maintaining client KPI's and being self motivated, whilst motivating others to achieve planned targets and deadlines
- Compliance with Health and Safety policy.
- Interface with drivers, warehouse, customer services, inventory and contractors to maintain operational efficiencies
- Being responsible for the management of vehicle maintenance and compliance to meet the legal requirements
- Maintain and report driver/clerks absence records. Hold disciplinary action where required, with the support of the Transport Manager
The ideal Transport First Line Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- Experience of working in a transport or a similar environment
- The ability to work on your initiative and work well as part of a team and an individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Educated to secondary standard is essential
- IT literate
- Proven track record in planning, forecasting, budget management and financial controls
- Customer focused with a flexible attitude.
- Having knowledge of the Working Time Legislation & transport regulations.
- Desirable qualifications would include Transport Operations Qualification (CPC or equivalent), National CPC Holder, Hazardous goods certificate
This is a temporary position which will lead to permanent working.
Working hours 04:00 - 12:00 days and 11:30 - 19:30 afternoons (shifts rotating every 2 weeks) Monday to Friday