A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Project Engineering Assistant to join a well-established Civil Engineering organisation based on the Isle of Wight. The successful candidate will have previous experience in a Project Assistant or Project Management Administration role, gained ideally within an Engineering or Manufacturing organisation. Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills are essential and the ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise a busy workload and support with multiple live projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- Assist both the Engineering Manager and senior team in the oversight of the contract during the construction period
- Protect the investment and optimise returns for shareholders.
- Provide assistance to the management team in the provision of technical and commercial support
- Communicate potential issues to the contract team promptly
- Oversee audit of contract
- Develop solid working relationships with client personnel
- Deliver key strategic targets/KPIs
- Implement a structured audit regime that reviews overall performance levels
- Identify potential operational performance improvement measures and support with implementation
- Provide key input to Monthly Service Report
- Assist in the development and production, procedures, audit and monitoring programmes
Experience and qualifications required:
- HND qualified or equivalent experience (QS or Civil Engineering) with experience in transport infrastructure projects preferable
- Excellent management skills with an ability to impact on the client, stakeholders and contractors
- Sound report writing skills
- Analytical and questioning mind set
- Problem solving and dispute resolution
- The ability to work without close supervision.
This is a full time permanent position with a potential immediate start date; however our client will naturally accommodate notice period should this apply. Salary is circa £30-35k per annum with benefits included for individuals who are looking to relocate to the Isle of Wight.
In order to be considered for this position the successful candidate will hold a full UK driving licence; fee onsite parking is available.
Should you feel you possess the necessary skills and experience outlined above please send your CV together with a brief covering letter to Richard.king@Pertemps.co.uk