Mechanical Maintenance Technician
Our client is a leading global chemical solutions provider with a long heritage of pioneering technologically advanced epoxy, acrylic and polyurethane-based polymer products.
There is an oppurtunity as a Mechanical Maintenance Technician in their Engineering
Department at our site in Cambridge. The site is a key operational facility comprising of a manufacturing and packaging plant, warehousing and support services.
They are looking for someone with a mechanical bias to join the maintenance team to service the Production and Packing departments, minimising plant down-time and improving site efficiencies.
Your key accountabilities will include:
Knowledge and experience required:
- Mechanical maintenance/installation of site processes & services.
- A level of electrical work to support mechanical maintenance.
- Complying with all relevant regulations and safety procedures.
- Maintenance / Fault finding / Repairs / installation to production plant, services and equipment, as well as testing of site safety systems. Ensuring compliance with the current pressure regulations and site safety regulations to current standards.
- Assist in the continuity of supply for utility services to the site.
- Maintain regulatory equipment for insurance inspection. Support the process to ensure that all inspections are carried out at set intervals.
- Ability to fabricate various parts and components using a wide range of materials and mechanical equipment.
- The Job Holder will have served a four year recognised mechanical apprenticeship, with a minimum of City & Guilds part 2 / NVQ level three qualifications.
- Proven work experience in a Maintenance Environment or equivalent.
- Ideally Chemical Sector experience, if not pharma, biochemical or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Maintenance Management systems (e.g. SAP).
- Be aware of specialised safety aspects such as DSEAR / ATEX and Pressure Systems. Understanding of regulatory and statutory Engineering requirements.
- A positive communicator with a “can do” attitude and continuous improvement focused mentality.
- The ability to work quickly and safely under pressure.
- Great team working skills, problem-solving techniques and the ability to manage a varied workload and change.
It is a great time to join the business as they continuously strive to improve efficiency, effectiveness and deliver customer promises.Full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday