£37000 - £42000 per annum
£37100 per annum
£10.92 - £14.23 per hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Engineer to join a leading manufacturing company based in Clevedon, Bristol, specialising in vacuum and exhaust-management systems to the semi-conductor industry.
Our client is highly innovative; customer focused and has grown rapidly over recent years. It offers all the advantages of a small pioneering niche company but backed up by the security and professionalism of a global company.
The suitable candidate is responsible for the co-ordination and communication of ETO projects as defined by Engineer to Order Process:-
- Ensure an appropriate product as defined by the Engineering Specification is completed on time, at the agreed prime cost and required quality.
- End to end ownership of projects, including handover to Customer Facing Teams & Technical Support Group.
- Responsible for delivering multiple projects in parallel to agreed specification, budget and schedule.
The main duties are:
- Co-ordination and reporting of projects, following the Engineer to Order Process;
- Project Planning - working with work stream leads to define and monitor workable and robust plans;
- Scope Management - ensuring that project scope is documented and managed appropriately, including scope changes during the project cycle;
- Time Management - ensuring that project plans are robust, comprehensive and achievable whilst meeting demanding customer expectations for delivery of product;
- Budget Management - ensuring each project is monitored and delivered against agreed budget;
- Communications Management - keeping project meeting minutes and actions;
- Risk Management - actively and accurately monitoring and reporting project risks and planning risk mitigation activities;
- Ensure suitable technical support is provided to all areas of Operations to ensure they can deliver product on schedule;
An ideal Project Engineer will hold the following skills and experiences.
- Educated to Degree level in a technical subject - Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Good communications skills with people of all levels and different cultures.
- Well organised, displaying clear, rational and analytical approach to problem solving. A good review technique and strong planning skills;
- Ability to plan and manage projects successfully;
- Ability to continually maintain and report on an overview of project schedules and to look ahead whilst discussing detail with individuals;
- Calm under pressure and able to find solutions to day-to-day project issues and problems, escalating to the Engineering Manager or functional managers where necessary.
- Able to maintain a positive, pro-active attitude in the face of adversity.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.