Buyer required for a manufacturing company in Clevedon, BS21. The role will cover all aspects of direct material supply to support standard production, Engineered to Order and New Product Introduction. The job holder will be personally responsible for ensuring continued supplier performance (on time delivery, cost and quality) within their portfolio of suppliers.
- £15 - £17 per hour PAYE
- £19.50 - £22.00 per hour Umbrella
- Pay rates dependent on experience
- 37.5 hour per week
- 25 days holiday per year pro rata, plus bank holidays
- Ample free parking and subsidised canteen on site
- 6 months FTC
Please be aware that the Purchasing Department are currently 50% home working and 50% in office. This is subject to change, depending on Covid restrictions and business needs.
About the role
- Raising purchase orders through various methods and channels.
- Reacting to MRP system messages to expedite, defer or cancel open order lines.
- Issuing RFQs, drawing releases, analysing quotes and setting up new part replenishment profile.
- Resolve issues relating to accuracy of deliveries, quality rejects, invoice queries, overdue orders and production shortages.
- Identifying savings opportunities through benchmarking, value engineering & optimising replenishment methods.
- Working with Engineering to manage obsolete and replacement parts. Raising temporary permits (concessions) and engineering changes.
- Developing relationships with suppliers so important requests are handled with the necessary level of urgency. Conducting business review meetings over the phone and face to face in Clevedon or at supplier sites.
- Maintain document records, track personal performance against operational metrics and contribute to departmental reporting.
The right candidate
- CIPS level 4 or equivalent qualification or equivalent through experience
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Procurement
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven track record of hitting savings/delivery targets
- Capable of interfacing professionally with internal customers and suppliers
To find out more, please apply online or call Pertemps Bristol Technical and speak to Bethan or Larry