Maintenance engineer with mechanical bias required for a chemical supply company based in Portbury, to carry out planned preventative maintenance and repairs for all mechanical equipment – for example filling equipment, hoses, filters and pumps - to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- £28,000 per annum
- 0800 – 1630 Monday-Thursday, 0700-1530 on Fridays
You will be based on site in Portbury with occasional travel to customer, supplier or other sites as required.
About the job
- Deal with repairs and maintenance for the whole site, including the monitor and control service/maintenance contracts
- Maintain quality control of site equipment and perform reactive maintenance to ensure the safe and continued running of all plant equipment.
- Control and review of service/maintenance contracts for all site equipment, including forklifts, stacker trucks, air system and air conditioning.
- Ensure the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) is up to date at all times
- Liaise with purchasing to ensure costs are minimised and supplier performance is acceptable
- Liaise with the Health and Safety Officer to monitor any issues and discuss improvements
- Adhering to the critical spares log, updating log 6 monthly or when new plant is installed.
- Perform tests to confirm that systems are suitable for their intended use, and create a record of all tests carried out
- Perform risk assessment and hazard identification for all tasks being undertaken by you and your sub-contractors.
- Ensure the Written Schemes of Work are adhered to by insurance personnel and thorough visual inspections carried out as required for all tanks, air system and lifting equipment.
- Deliver training for site staff where necessary to ensure the site personnel are working to the latest operational standards.
- Work with operational staff to maintain and minimise equipment downtime in accordance with site requirements.
The right candidate
- Time served mechanical apprenticeship or HNC in a related engineering area
- IT Literate, particularly MS Excel and Project. Prior experience of CMMS desirable
- Experience of management of routine and ppm maintenance
- Prior experience working with gases and chemicals desirable, but not essential
To find out more, please apply online with an up to date CV or give us a call on 0117 9294422 option 3 and ask for Bethan or Janine
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, we may be unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 21 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.