Pertemps are currently recruiting for three full time HGV Class 1 drivers for a company in Didcot on Temporary to Permanent contracts.
The working hours for these HGV Class 1 vacancies are starting between 03:00am and 04:00am each day. You will be working a 48 hour week Monday to Friday, Overtime will often be available which may include weekends.
The rate of pay for this position is £12.00 per hour plus enhanced overtime rates whilst working via Pertemps.
Starting salary when taken onto the full time contract with the company is £31,536 PA based on a 48 hour working week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out vehicle / trailer inspections and report any defects.
- Manual Handling
- Work well in a team environment
- Carry out work in a safe manner
- Processing paperwork efficiently
- Operating IT-systems as required
- Working within a physically demanding environment
- Operating Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Transportation and delivery of temperature controlled products
- Complying with local legislative requirements & company policies and procedures
- Follow customer specific procedures.
- Maintain regular contact with the Transport team.
- Report any discrepancies on collections or deliveries from paperwork or reported by customers.
- Report any excesses, shortages or damage to supervisor in a timely manner
- Secure loads effectively and ensure loads are within the weight limits
To apply for this position you must:
- Hold HGV Class 1 (C+E) Licence, Digital Tachograph and Driver Qualification card (CPC).
- Comply with the Working Time Directive and Drivers hours regulations.
You will need to have a driving assessment prior to starting, you will then be on a two week induction plan where you will be driving with a full time driver.
You will be required to complete security vetting prior to the start of the assignment which will require a full five year address history, a full checkable five year employment history, with any gaps fully accounted for and criminal record check.
For more information and to apply please submit your CV or call Pertemps in Didcot.