We are currently recruiting a Senior Category Manager for one of the largest Utility companies in the West Midlands.
Senior Category Manager – Objective
Senior Category Manager – Accountabilities
- The role will be responsible for the strategic management and ownership of our Metering and Monitoring category.
- The aim of the role is to deliver a sustainable supply chain to ensure external expenditure is effectively managed to deliver the lowest cost and highest standards.
Senior Category Manager – Experience
- Profiling / researching supply markets and suppliers and assessing trends, opportunities and risks. Over time the person will be expected to develop an expert knowledge of the assigned category areas.
- Developing and implementing category strategies which fulfil business requirements (costs and performance) and which recommend strategic sourcing options and implementation plans and ensure compliance with all legislative requirements.
- In partnership with the stakeholders proactively lead all necessary tendering and supplier selection processes, ensuring that our tendering process is followed at all times.
- Responsible for supplier selection, managing the tender process and implementing contracts including the development of SLAs and KPIs.
- Monitor usage of contracts implemented and put in place actions to maximise contract compliance (e.g. effective communication with stakeholders and use of SAP catalogues).
- Must have experience of running OJEU/EU procurement tenders.
- Understanding of Asset Management goods and services, knowledge of data collection methods and communication methods (desirable but not essential).
- A strong commercial background with ideally an appropriate professional qualification e.g. CIPS.
- Experience and knowledge of modern purchasing processes (e.g. managing tenders & contracts).
- A good understanding of end to end category management with a proven ability to develop and articulate category strategies.
Senior Category Manager - Additional Information:Day rate:
£400 - £480/day (Inside IR35)Location:
The role is to start as soon as possible and the contract will be for 12 months.
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY TODAY!!