Following several years of consistent success, a well established and respected engineering consultancy in Plymouth is looking to appoint a Director to lead the office forward.
This role would suit someone who is looking to take responsibility of the growth and development of this regional office as well as major project delivery. This person needs to be personable, proactive and confident. Good local market knowledge and business acumen are also desired criteria.
Responsibilities would include:
- Leading a talented design team
- Chairing design meetings
- Liaising between contractors and clients
- Business development
- Building relationships with new and existing clients
- Mentoring of junior team members
- Developing and expanding the design team, actively running in the recruitment process
- Acting as point of contact on structural projects from inception to completion
- Liaising with fellow directors and members of the board on strategic decisions for the company
My client is preferably looking for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Chartered member of the ICE or IStructE
- A technical structural engineering background
- Experience with a variety of sectors relating to building structures
- Local market knowledge
This Civil and Structural consultancy handles the design of buildings from a range of sectors, they have several exclusive clients including a major supermarket as well as other more confidential frameworks. This is a rare opportunity to join a hugely successful business at a senior level, you will have the support of existing solid pipeline of work as well as the established relationships needed to develop further business.