This is a great opportunity to join a forward thinking company that are not just happy with being a market leader, they plan to be the UK's number one supplier to the craft brewing industry.
We are recruiting for an experienced Warehouse Shift Leader to join them on a permanent basis.
• 28 days holiday, rising by one day per year up to 33 days maximum
• Additional payments for working Bank Holidays
• On-going training
• Annual medical
• Working for a company where Health and Safety is never compromised
• Managing a team of hard working, happy and dedicated people
• Warehouse Shift Leader
• Permanent position
• Two weeks of early shifts (6am – 2:30pm) Monday to Friday followed by two weeks of late shifts (2pm – 10:30pm) Monday to Friday with some weekend working
You will run the day-to-day distribution and logistics, ensuring accurate inventory control with clear visibility on the manufacturing and movement of stock, to allow the fulfilment of customer orders.
To oversee and be involved in daily operations covering all inbound goods receipt, raw material sampling and inventory recording, manufacture & storage of stock, order processing & fulfilment & dispatch.
40 hours per week plus some weekend/evening work every 4th Saturday and being on call 1 week in 4. Some early and late shifts may be required to cover for shift leads holiday and sickness.
You will perform key operational activities within the warehouse across the complete supply chain, including receipt of inbound goods, inventory checking, counting and recording, manufacturing of stock items, order picking, packing and wrapping and customer dispatch.
• Accurately recording all inventory items within required timeframes using systems provided
• Taking receipt of inbound goods, checking against PO numbers , taking samples and recording onto the business system
• Operating manufacturing machinery to produce inventory according to operating instructions and safety guidelines
• Preparing and packing inventory for storage in the warehouse and accurately recording the location of each inventory item
• Perform light maintenance on plant machinery and ensuring all areas of the warehouse are kept clean and free from safety hazards
• Processing and fulfilling customer orders within defined service levels, including picking, packing and wrapping items securely onto pallets.
• Updating systems and paper based records as required according to the standard operating procedures
• Identifying any issues or risks and informing the Warehouse Manager
• Actively monitoring daily stock levels and reporting and damages and discrepancies
• Controlling the company's returns process
• To train and coach new and current warehouse staff
• Support the management team with all tasks as required
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• Proven Previous team leading experience
• 2+ years relevant warehouse experience
• Team Player
• Excellent IT skills
• Able to work calmly under pressure
• Self Motivated
• Full Driving Licence
In return we can offer a fantastic starting salary, like minded and supportive colleagues, Ongoing training, support and development