Goods In/Quality Controller
Mon- Fri Working Hours
£11.00 per hour
Our client have an urgent requirement for a Goods In quality Controller to join their team on a temporary contract to cover a busy period.
You will be responsible for all matters relating to inbound supplier quality of nominated suppliers, acting as a key interface between internal purchasing departments as part of the procurement team.
• To be responsible for monitoring the inbound quality of supplies from nominated suppliers
• Inspect and repackaged goods after inspection
• Ensure goods received are adequately packed and all paperwork is attached to the individual parts.
• Liaise with stores team to ensure QC goods are booked in or liaise with purchasing/ suppliers where faulty goods/shortages or non-conformance issues are identified and where appropriate resolve issues direct with suppliers.
• To ensure non-conforming goods are returned to supplier and follow up to resolve issues
• To maintain a record of all returns, suppliers and resolutions relating to the product process and quality system and compile a weekly report providing an update of supply issues, quarantined goods status, scrappage etc. to the Purchasing Manager and Quality Manger
• To act as link between internal production/quality and internal SQA staff, for matters relating to the quality of supplied material from our supply chain and help identify problems and make suggestions to the purchasing team to resolve issues relating to product, process, and quality systems.
• To manage all goods placed into the quarantined goods area in stores and take appropriate action
• General administration tasks required as part of the Goods In quality control activities
• Comply at all times with the letter and spirit of the Company's Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, Equality Policy and Code of Conduct;
• Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the jobholder's line manager.
Working hours will be between 07:00 – 18:00 so own transport is essential as public transport does not run between these hours to get to this location.
Previous experience working within quality control/goods in is essential as you will be required to hit the ground running.
Interested applicants should forward their CV and covering letter stating their suitability for the role.