Pertemps Specialist Division are delighted to be working alongside a very prestigious, nationwide investment management firm, who are looking for an investment managers assistant to join their expanding team, initially on fixed-term basis for 12 months. Based in their Edinburgh office, you will be responsible for supporting a team of investment managers in all aspects of looking after clients, including assisting with all portfolio administration, handling queries/correspondence from clients, liaising with the operations department, and assisting in the management of private client relationships and their portfolios.
The client is a leading investment management organisation, dedicated to serving the private investor, with the key business being the provision of a traditional, high-quality service to private investors.
- To assist in all aspects of opening and maintaining client accounts.
- Follow the progress of stock movements and follow up any issues that may arise.
- Liaise with the accounts department over cash movements and payments.
- Management and processing of client files.
- Assist the review of client portfolios.
- Liaise with all clients, intermediaries, solicitors and registrars.
What Skills/Experience You Will Have:
- Previous experience in an investment management firm or relevant organisation (Assets, IFA, Pensions etc)
- Proven knowledge of the stock market and investment techniques.
- Industry recognised qualification - Investment Operations Certificate (desirable)
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Ability to work and thrive under pressure.
- Flexibility to work with various investment managers.
This role is initially a fixed-term contract, with potential to progress into permanent employment, due to the nature and expansion of the organisation. If you believe you have the experience and skillset necessary, apply now or contact Lewis Slight on 0131 357 2411.
Pertemps highly experienced Permanent Recruitment team specialise in identifying, sourcing and providing you with attractive and aspirational permanent job opportunities for your next career step.
We are engaged by many of the leading Private and Public Sector organisations across Scotland to secure the very best talent across a range of skill sets, professions and specialisms.
Our industry specific recruitment experts are delighted to be available to you to provide exclusive job opportunities, market advice, personalised insights and to inform and support you throughout your career journey, no matter what stage you may be at. We would love to hear from you.