Pertemps Specialist Division are working with a property management/real estate organisation in the heart of Edinburgh, who are looking to add an experienced professional to their team who are experiencing a long-lasting period of continued growth. Reporting directly to the financial controller, the successful candidate will be joining a well-established team and become an essential part of the finance function. Offering a competitive benefits package and salary, with flexible working hours, this opportunity will be suited to an experienced candidate who is looking to further their career in a growing organisation with a strong finance team.
- Supervise the day to day operations of the Payroll function while also providing direction to your colleagues
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centres by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; preparing checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifying documentation.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
What Skills You Will Have:
- Experience tracking budget expenses
- Good stakeholder management and the ability to build relationships with team members
- Have experience collating relevant data from multiple sources
- Strong IT skills, particularly with Excel and relevant finance packages