A major player in Higher Education and London's leading University is looking to recruit an Information Systems Service Desk Analyst to join them on a 4 month temporary basis to be responsible for the resolution of second line and first line technical queries.
This role is being offered as full-time 4 month temporary position paying circa £16 per hour.
- To provide predominantly second line and some first line technical support to students and staff across the core SITS suite of online modules of applications, registration finance and assessment and to resolve queries professionally and efficiently. To resolve staff queries on the SITS client based system.
- To ensure all responses to students are constructed using agreed template formats and are constructed to agreed SAC standards as documented by the Head of SAC.
- To inform students via ESD, once their issues have been fixed. To ensure that the response is written in a personalised manner with appropriate details of the solution and the testing undertaken to ensure that we are confident their problem has been resolved.
- To be responsible for maintaining a log of any emergent software issues, alerting the Information Systems Service Desk Manager and in their absence the Head of SAC accordingly. To also inform the SITS Team of any emergent issues.
- To assist the Information Services Manager with the testing for monthly updates to the ESD web service and bi-annual upgrades to the ESD web service and database, ensuring that all updates are thoroughly and systematically checked in a development environment.
- Experience of providing first/second line technical support for an online service.
- Experience of providing first/second line technical support for an online users of SITS.
- Experience of front-line support role for a busy public-facing service.
- Experience of troubleshooting a complex system of integrated technologies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted