We are now looking for a structural engineer with a minimum of 3 years experience to join my clients thriving business in Bristol. This office covers; civil structural and geotechnical engineering and is made of around 50 staff.
This team undertakes the following tasks
- Design of structures, including commercial, education and residential projects
- Foundation design and assessment
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for their clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for a Structural Engineer.
Relevant skills & experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant post-graduate experience
- Design experience in all common building materials
- BIM experience would be an advantage
- An ability to deal with clients with minimal supervision
- An ability to represent the company professionally
- Good communication skills
- An ability to communicate effectively and work within a team
- Good commercial awareness
- An accredited degree (or equivalent) recognized by the IStructE
- A valid full UK driving license
A Graduate Structural Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
- Assist and carry out structural design in steel, concrete, timber and masonry
- Liaise with clients, project team members and local authorities
- Co-ordinate whole projects and packages of work with minimal assistance
- Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
- Attend site and design team meetings
Remuneration and training
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to regular social events and encourages extracurricular events and activities.
My client has a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from ‘on the job training’ in new software and design techniques to training programs for Chartered status and external short courses.
This consultancy’s breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.