The Education Service of a West Midlands local authority is undertaking a transformation programme to align with the authority's new operating model.
We are seeking an interim Programme Manager to predominantly lead and deliver the transformation programme for education services and the delivery of the new capabilities and required culture change to achieve the outcome of the education strategy.
We are looking for a multi-skilled individual looking to apply their experience in programme and people leadership. In this role you will be responsible for taking education services staff, customers, schools, volunteers and partners through a transformation journey and for ensuring the programme genuinely makes a difference to all those involved.
You will have lead responsibility for the education transformation programme at a senior level, you will form part of the senior leadership team within Education Services and the Communities Directorate. You will play a key role in a small team as well as having the opportunity to work with other partner organisations throughout the County.
- Lead development and delivery of the Education Services transformation programme in line with the authority's new operating model and design principles.
- Prepare and recommend the implementation plan(s) of the programme to deliver the education transformation programme.
- Lead on the implementation plan with the support of internal team and appointed professional advisors where required.
- Ensuring the digital, technology and people requirements of the transformation programme are scoped correctly to enable the delivery of the programme.
- Establish and maintain the required level of governance to underpin successful delivery of the programme to time, quality, risk, cost and benefit.
- Prepare all necessary programme reporting updates and business cases.
- Manage and report financial performance and budget activity for the implementation and delivery of the programme
- Management of the programme budget, estimating, forecasting and tracking on behalf of the Assistant Director of Education Services.
- Direct the internal and external resource team to achieve the programme objectives.
- Managing any 3rd party procurement arrangements/resources where required.
- Working with corporate change teams to manage change readiness and ensure sustainable change is delivered to enable the outcomes of the programme.
- Provide and support governance reporting on behalf of the SRO - Assistant Director of Education Services.
- Ensure corporate project management processes are robust and projects are managed.
- Build and manage senior stakeholder working relationships identifying key stakeholders and communicating effectively.
Interim role for approximately 6 months. Day Rate circa £600 per day