PRIOR EXPERIENCE OF MAJOR WORKS ROLE ESSENTIAL FOR CONSIDERATION
1. JOB PURPOSE:
Prepare and send the relevant notices, estimated and final accounts in respect of major works in line with current legislation. Coordinate all information from the Council in relation to major works service charges.
2. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
• Coordinate information and costs relating to major work service charges from all Divisions within the Council carrying out major works.
• Ensure major work provided to blocks, estates and freehold houses/conversions are properly identified and relative costs included in the major works service charge account.
• Be responsible for calculating the costs recoverable from leaseholders (or freeholder where appropriate) in accordance with the terms of the lease and legislative requirements.
• Ensure that the cost of works/improvements and repairs can be recovered in accordance with the legislation and those works/repairs were included on the Section 125 Notice served at the time of offer where applicable.
• Protect income by issuing all statutory Notices within the agreed timescales and respond to all observations within the statutory period.
• Ensure all information is accurately processed into the major works service charges system.
• Ensure that Section 20B notices are served within 18 months of major works costs being incurred in cases where the final accounts have not been provided.
• Provide all completed accounts to the Service Charges Manager or Director of Finance for inspection and certification as appropriate.
• Accurately process all financial data immediately to ensure the highest standards of consistent customer satisfaction.
• Issue accounts using the debtors system and dispatch to leaseholders (freeholders where appropriate) with all necessary information.
• Respond promptly and effectively to any observations received in relation to notices served.
• Respond to queries arising from the issue of the major works service charge account and delegate queries and requests to relevant officers in other departments as appropriate, ensuring the query is dealt with promptly and efficiently.
• Ensure all disputes and queries on major works are addressed and resolved to facilitate maximum income recovery.
• Completing write backs and write offs
• Provide the ‘Homebuy' section with all information relating to the estimated costs of major works within specified timescales for inclusion with the S125 notice, ensure this is good quality information.
• To prepare refunds of major works charges for authorisation by Service Charges Manager.
• To ensure that allocated enquiries from Councillors and MP's relating to major works service charges are dealt with quickly, effectively and efficiently in accordance with set procedures.
• Develop, maintain and update systems and processes relative to major works service charge accounts.
• Assist in the preparation and updating of the leaseholders handbook.
• Prepare statistical information and returns and maintenance of other records concerning service charges for the Council and other agencies.
• Provide advice and information on procedures for and the recharging of works to be implemented to properties which contain dwellings subject to major works service charges.
• Provide advice to different internal departments on the Regulations and processes to be followed, work closely with other internal teams to ensure a high quality service is delivered to leaseholders.
• Attend meetings with residents/leaseholders as required.
• Represent the Council at formal forums such as the First Tier Land Tribunal.
• Assisting with pre-sales enquiries for Major Works
• Attend major work site visits representing the interests of leaseholders and the council, in conjunction with project managers, consultant surveyors, contractors, and leaseholders, ensuring than only works which have been completed to a good standard are invoiced for.
• Contribute toward the creation and implementation of continuous improvements to team processes and individual behaviours.
At least 2 years of experience working in a mixed tenure environment
At least 2 years working in a customer centric environment
4. Key Experience:
• Demonstrate understanding of financial information systems and ability to interpret such information.
• Demonstrate ability to comprehensively process all financial data to ensure the highest standards of consistent customer satisfaction through a right-first-time approach.
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the Landlord & Tenant Act and other relevant legislation in relation to the duties of the post.
• Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and to strict defined timescales.
• Demonstrate the delivery of excellent customer service
• Demonstrate an understanding and implementation of continuous improvement and self-monitoring.
• Proficient in the use of excel
• Experience of Northgate (iWorld, SX3) and OLAS (Cedar) would be an advantage
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE OF WORKING AS A MAJOR WORKS OFFICER TO BE CONSIDERED