- Answer incoming calls in a professional manner using standard call answering prompt card
- Be vigilant and responsive to calls in line with set KPIs
- Effectively manage all calls understanding the customer requirements in order to capture the relevant information to process the customer order accurately.
- Compliance with company sales sale policy
- Build relationships and acknowledge each customer individually, providing a personal service
- Navigate systems efficiently and accurately, keeping the customer informed at all times
- Ask relevant questions and communicating in an empathic, confident and assertive manner
- Where able, investigate and resolve customer issues and complaints through actively listening and proactively looking for suitable solutions for the customer that is not detriment to the Hanson business
- Liaise with other internal Hanson team members in relation to customer orders, pricing, products, delivery matters via phone and email
- Where necessary, escalate customer issues or order details following the correct process when the situation is outside the control, capabilities or authority of the job incumbent.
- Effectively develop and maintain a good level of team morale, supporting colleagues to achieve CSC’s business goals and objectives
- Create, alter and confirm new customer orders whether on account or as a cash sale, completing all necessary customer order details within the Company’s SAP Order Management system, such as customer name, billing address, delivery address, full customer contact name and telephone number; order date, delivery time, type of product ordered using the material search function to locate the required product, quantity of the product required
- Understand production and truck capabilities and negotiate realistic delivery times with customers considering other orders on the day. Offering the best solution using the order delivery viewer screen within management system
- Liaise with commercial , sales and operational staff to maximise meeting customer requirements
• To provide an effective and efficient administrative support for the commercial team.
• To build relationships with customers and help secure and maintain additional work.
• To act as a point of contact for customer enquiries and deliver a professional service to our customer base providing competitive quotations in a timely manner.
• Provide administrative support on the resolution and prevention of queries.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Good level of commitment to customer service and satisfaction
• Excellent communication skills
Knowledge of SAP advantageous
• IT Literate including Microsoft Office Suite
• Proven track record as a team worker
Impeccable telephone manner
• Knowledge of construction industry and products an advantage
• Knowledge of local and national geography preferable
• Experience – 1 year customer sales/service/operations/administration role
• Proven capability to build effective working relationships with customers and colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to use own initiative to improve performance and service.
• Educated to GCSE Grade C Maths and English
• Working understanding of computer software packages.
Will also ideally have experience of working within a large company environment and achieving targets
Based on a 40 hour week with shifts to include Mon - Fri, 6am-6pm and sat: 6am-2pm
Based in Syston