My client is looking for an excellent District Sales Manager who, as part of a high performing sales team, will drive our commercial strategies and deliver high levels of sales excellence and market leading customer service. You will be responsible for defined geographical area and customer allocation as determined by the Field Sales Manager.
Of preferred graduate calibre and to have some experience in the construction market, the successful applicant will demonstrate strong leadership skills and be able to evidence these with reference to record of high achievement in previous roles. The successful applicant will be motivated by results and success, an experienced negotiator who enjoys spending time with customers, committed, hardworking, and a strong team player.
• Create, maintain and develop commercial opportunities and relationships within identified market areas to achieve the regional and national sales targets through your ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of an organisation and your highly developed communications skills. The role will work closely with both commercial and operational colleagues to create, implement, communicate & monitor account management plans ensuring that our customer is always at the core of any activity undertaken by yourself and the wider team.
• Be responsible for the commercial activities and the development of business within a defined geographic area.
• Have the ability to establish strong relationships with our customer base to ensure the market position is optimised.
• With the support of the commercial team, you will develop the customer base through excellent service and sales ability and by providing unique solutions to our customers' requirements.
• Report and forecast sales performance for the area and act upon market information.
In order to successfully deliver you will need to be able to
• Translate strategic plans from multiple channels in to clear and deliverable action plans
• Demonstrable internal and external relationship management experience
• Able to adapt plans or approach in relation to changes in market, company or client needs
• Creative and innovative selling and negotiating style in order to maximise revenue from existing clients
• Able to demonstrate excellent sales and leadership skills.
• An excellent communicator with an analytical approach to work.
• Product knowledge
• Field sales experience (1 year)
• Operational/technical experience (1 year)
• Minimum of 5 GCSE including Maths and English
The ability to analyse, interpret and successfully deploy market data is essential, and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint and Excel is expected.
You will need to be willing to travel extensively and work autonomously.