£18000 - £19000 per annum
£30000 - £35000 per annum
Microbiological Services are looking to appoint a Quality Analyst (Microbiology) to join their highly motivated laboratory team at Shelton. You will be joining a small team where meticulous working, reliability, enthusiasm and the ability to work well under pressure are essential.
The laboratory is managed strictly in accordance with UKAS accreditation requirements. The lab analyses water samples taken to ensure compliance with the water industry regulatory obligation to monitor drinking water quality and to react to quality failures, incidents and events where deterioration in water quality may be a concern.
For an ambitious candidate, this role provides a great platform for learning about water quality and how Severn Trent Water manages to continuously provide water to its customers that is Good to Drink and Always on. Should the successful candidate show enthusiasm for the subject, commitment to the job and their team and apply themselves to the role, there is the potential for career progression within Severn Trent Water.
This position is from Saturday 10:00 to 18:00 and Tuesday to Friday 14:00 to 22:00 - The job also involves taking part in a standby rota which will include Bank Holidays.
• Previous experience within a similar laboratory role Knowledge and/or experience of basic microbiological techniques is ideal
• An awareness of Health and Safety issues in a laboratory environment
• The ability to work accurately, follow procedures and record data with a strong attention to detail alongside, good IT skills
• The ability to work well under pressure and unsupervised
• A flexible approach and willingness to carry out a wide range of tasks and activities
• Great planning & organisational skills
• GCSE or equivalent grade C or above in English, Maths & ITC
This is an ongoing temporary position until end of March 2018, paying £9.56 per hour.