£12.54 per hour
£35000 - £50000 per annum
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Senior data analyst
This is permanent position based in Swindon.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for a developer with strong SQL, ETL and reporting skills to augment the Retail BI team responsible for the on-going design, development and support of the Management Information Systems on our Retail Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse platforms.
What makes this role unique?
Do you want to be a part of a company that provides an essential service to our 14.4million customers? Do you pride yourself in being able to make a real difference to deliver excellent customer service? Come and join the largest water utilities company based in the Thames Valley on our transformation journey to deliver new services in partnership with our business from mobile apps to enable major programmes such as Smart Metering and market competition in 2017.
What will this role involve?
This is a technical developer role who will design efficient relational structures to hold and manage data. You will have the ability to communicate technical designs, data problems and issues to non-technical team members whilst also providing insightful reporting solutions to help drive continuous improvement across the Retail business.
You will have a good working knowledge of relational databases as well as an understanding of data management and integration with a specific fondness for ETL.
We are looking for someone who has experience in a similar database developer role as a data, reporting & business intelligence analyst or equivalent, preferably with utility industry experience.
Experience of having worked in an environment dealing with financial information or a customer experience role will be an advantage.
What skills are we looking for?
• Technical skills required are
• Mandatory - Demonstrable experience of the full MS SQL server  stack ie Visual Studio, SSMS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS
• Highly desirable - Business Objects, Erwin, InfoSphere Datastage
What the benefits will you get?
• Negotiable salary
• Child Care Vouchers and Doubled pensions
• Season Ticket Loans
• Time to Give – Offer's employees the chance to take two days paid volunteering leave a year.
• Employee Assistance Program
• Benefits on Tap - provide all employees with further voluntary benefits. The website based system give employee's access to excellent offers and savings across many shops and services from some of the UK's top brands just for being TW employee.
• Loyalty Awards