As part of the Procurement Team, the Senior Procurement Specialist (Procurement Development) will be expected to: -
• Oversee and coordinate the development of a Supplier Development and Relationship Management programme, establishing relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and influencing them to work collaboratively.
• Oversee the identification, development and delivery of e-Procurement solutions
• Manage and implement e-Procurement processes, to include development and delivery of e-Procurement strategy, and providing support and training to maximise the benefits of the tools.
• Establish and maintain good relationships with managers, operational colleagues and external partners, influencing them to contribute to, support and adopt policies and processes and adapt their activities in line with business and environmental needs.
• Promote and implement revised business processes, including selling change and altering the perceptions of the wider business to realise the benefits that Supplier Development & Relationship Management and e-Procurement can bring.
• Support and, where appropriate, lead the delivery of specific elements of the (Sustainable) Procurement Strategy, and deliver best practice in procurement and contract management.
Support the delivery of an integrated and professional procurement service, providing expert advice to clients on Supplier Development & Relationship Management and e-Procurement issues.
• Develop, co-ordinate and implement systems, tools and data management to support the efficient and integrated progression of business.
• Provide extensive management information and data via an analysis of (and, potentially, legacy body) expenditure and contract activity.
• Identify cost improvement opportunities within existing spend to include a review of actual and planned spend.
• Provide advice, guidance and support in line with relevant legislation and best practice, in order to effectively underpin risk based decision making and support sustainable outcomes.
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with the Welsh Government, the National Procurement Service for Wales, Sponsored Bodies, Agencies, service providers and other stakeholders
• Support the delivery of procurement outcomes and improvements (in cost, efficiency, value or quality) in accordance with agreed targets and key performance indicators
• Lead on aspects of the (Sustainable) Procurement Strategy
• Build and maintain influential and collaborative relationships with internal and external customers to insure awareness of the opportunities, risks and best practice relevant to procurement.
• Develop and implement corporate initiatives to secure compliance with business outcomes and to ensure continuous improvement in the field of procurement.
This is a 3 month contract role with a possibility of extension to start ASAP. Based in Cardiff