Supplier Contract Technician
Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Supplier Contract Technician working in the large UK's utilities supplier based in Coventry.
• The Supplier Contract Technician plays a key role in managing STS's Supply Chain Contractors and in reducing operational and business costs. The STS supply chain supports business operations across the whole of the UK and delivers goods, works and services for operational, maintenance, engineering and support activities.
• Supplier Contract Management sits within the team responsible for managing STS contracts with key clients including the Ministry of Defence (MOD) and a range of public and private sector Customers including The Coal Authority, First Milk, 2 Sisters etc.
• The Team's position within STS ensures the adoption of best practice and ensures business risks and costs are consistently and properly managed.
• Maintain a supplier contracts database with 500 individual supplier organisations
• Ensure timely processing, checking and approval of new supplier applications
• Receive, process and approve supplier payment applications for 14 key framework contracts valued at circa £6m per annum
• Detailed checking of rates and prices for supplier contracts
• Advise and support the business with framework and spot-purchases
• Ensure that the STS and Supplier businesses are working and communicating efficiently
• Monitor supplier performance to quality, time and budgetary KPIs
• Deputising for the Supplier Contracts Manager at internal and external meetings
• Able to represent STS at meetings with suppliers
• As above plus:
• Meet defined annual business cost savings target of £250k
• Organise and chair bi-monthly review meetings with key suppliers
• Identify opportunities for cost and efficiency savings
• Experience of working with service and asset management contracts and/or subcontracts
• Confident in dealing with contract issues with internal and external managers
• Working knowledge of standard forms of contract including NEC3 forms
• Excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in MSWord, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
• Experience of working in the water service sector is preferred but not essential Capabilities
• A ‘Customer First' approach for internal and external customers
• High awareness of commercial and financial business aspects
• Great attention to detail to ensure that optimal contract standards are achieved
• Focused on continuously reducing and optimising business costs and service standards
• Strong supplier contract management background, ideally in a service environment
• An ability to identify solutions to any opportunities which may arise and to be able to evaluate options and make recommendations
• Degree qualified in a relevant discipline
• Participation in Supplier Contract Management training by CIPS and/or RICS
• Hold or working towards Level 4 Membership of CIPS or RICS or equivalent professional qualification