Location: Longbridge Warwick
To work as part of a busy and focused team delivering successful projects to facilitate third party developer and highway infrastructure schemes.
The Programme Controller will support the Programme team by ensuring governance process and procedures are maintained through the robust flow of information, and direct contact (verbal and written) with developer customers.
• Support the project and programme teams in being effective and efficient to enable leading performance for developer and highway customers.
• Take accountability and ownership to resolve customer queries including receiving and returning calls or written communication from developers with water diversion enquires and updates, as well as dealing with general enquires to deliver great customer service to all of our customers (developer and residential)
• Be competent with data handling and transferring files across systems.
• Ensure process are followed and that deliverables are appropriately allocated.
• Support the Programme team and deliver allocated tasks to meet service level agreements (SLA's) through innovative solutions that are operable and safe and conform to company standards and practices.
• Support the Programme team and drive the identification and management of risks and opportunities which could impact on the delivery of the projects, including addressing and incidents of failure and taking actions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Working with the Programme team, D&B and STW External Communications teams ensure projects are positively publicised and customer and media contacts are managed within the integrated project team.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
• Excellent administrative skills.
• Experience in dealing with customers verbally and in writing
• Demonstrate attention to detail, able to spot inaccurate information and inconsistencies.
• Identifies issues, generates workable solutions, and makes rational judgements.
• Able to make rational and empowered decisions.
• Ability to listen effectively and gather relevant information by questioning, probing, empathising.
• ‘Right first time' attitude – focusing on quality of work.
• Able to use initiative and creativity to achieve the best outcome for our customers.
• The ability to work well in a team, sharing knowledge, being supportive and team spirited.
• Able to engage with customers and other teams through excellent verbal and written communication.
• Flexible and able to respond to changing business needs.
• Builds rapport and establishes good relationships.
• Good computer skills, good standard of grammar and spelling.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have the following leadership capabilities:
• Have a good understanding about your strengths and weaknesses and over time seek feedback to improve these.
• You are forward looking, proactive and positive
• You seek opportunities to contribute to the wider agenda
• You take personal accountability for mistakes, learn from them and move forward with new solutions
• To tackle issues not directly related to your experience or remit by drawing on learned frameworks and approaches
• To make educated judgements and decisions in the face of ambiguity
• To be innovative and challenging by understanding the bigger picture
Drive to Deliver
• To constantly seek out and make improvements for the whole supply chain, including both delivery and procurement
• Respond positively to challenges from others (e.g. D&B Contractors)
• To stretch yourself to seek the best financial and innovative solutions for Severn Trent Water.
• To look ahead to anticipate problems and develop plans to overcome potential obstacles.
• To involve others and get their input to ensure the best outcome for Severn Trent Water
• To make use of informal networks to get the right result for Severn Trent Water.
• To be skilful in utilising the best strategies to communicate both positive and challenging messages.
• Seek opportunities to publicise the achievements of the team, wider department and area supply chain.
Responsible Team Membership
• Actively contribute to discussions, constructively challenging designs and working practises to achieve a better outcome.
• Take the initiative to build relationships both within the direct team and the wider team (including external stakeholders).
• Share knowledge such that others may benefit.
• To work with your colleagues to prioritise day-to-day workloads across allotted projects to ensure that business performance is secured