• Reporting to the District Operations Manager, the Relief Plant Supervisor is responsible for key support function supervising a set of core operating plants in an efficient compliant manner.
• Primarily to supervise, operate, inspect and maintain the sites in accordance with safety, health, environmental, quality, compliance & sustainability legislation by utilising systems & procedures in order to supply products as part of market driven customer satisfaction support.
• To verbally interface with customers, plant staff & management to plan the production (including scheduling stock replacement) according to customer requirements and plant capabilities.
• To undertake these duties both at core responsibility units and others within the area to provide flexible visible felt leadership and best practice to all site users.
• To maintain & improve quality control by ensuring compliance with internal & external quality systems
• To maintain & develop the safety culture at the sites ensuring all visitors, contractors and site personnel abide by systems and procedures
• To control & improve operational expenditure and presentation by utilising company systems to report, manage and maintain the sites and by direct involvement in improving housekeeping and visual impact of the premises.
• To support the sustainability policy by promoting best practice and initiating ideas/improvements whenever possible.
• To maintain & improve operational district control with particular reference to controlling contractors, drivers and visitors.
• To actively participate in achieving the district profitability target through managing costs, improving quality and controlling stocks
• Secondary education to good GCSE standard
• Competent IT skills including Excel
• Concrete Practice
• Supervisory certification
Good communication skills allowing smooth interface both at site, office and managerial level.
• To be able to operate, maintain and repair static and mobile plant
• To adhere to the company health, safety, environmental & quality systems
• Computer literate and working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
• To seek advice from the District Operations Manager on matters outside the scope of a Relief Plant Supervisor authority
This role is based in Theale.
Working hours are Mon-friday 7-5 and sat 7-12