Salary - £20K - £25K per annum dependant on experience
Permanent role based in Aldermaston, Berkshire
My client is an industry-leading supplier of luxury goods to the hospitality industry. They work with some of the biggest hotel chains in the world and have over 25,000 customers in over 100 countries. Due to success and expansion over the last three years they have created a brand new Product Coordinator role to support the Product Development Manager with the procurement and sourcing of high quality product lines for hotels and the administration and organisation of their product database within EMEA.
This is a varied role that will offer exposure to multiple business areas and lay foundations for your career development into a management role within this global organisation.
--------- Due to location you MUST have a driving licence and your own vehicle ----------
What you'll need to succeed:
We are looking for someone who is extremely proactive and naturally very organised with really good attention to detail as there's a lot of data that needs to be collated, files and folders that need to be arranged and systems that need to be implemented. You'll need to have good IT skills and a lot of tracking is done using EXCEL so you'll need to be comfortable using formulae, tables and v-look ups as a minimum.
You will need to have really strong written communication skills and ideally will have had previous experience of working with international suppliers and multiple products as you'll be liaising with around 100 suppliers by email and will be responsible for maintaining a database of over 5,000 different product lines. A background in Supply Chain Administration, Sales Administration, Customer Service or Operations will all provide a good grounding for you to be able to hit the ground running in this role.
What you'll be doing:
• Prepare new product briefs for all offices with clear prior justification and benefit analysis included with MOQ and pricing options
• Coordinate new vendor applications for Manager approval and instigate due diligence on Third Party suppliers nominated by customers to highlight concerns before purchasing starts. For new products obtain vendor sign off and all relevant information
• Maintain tracker of sourcing projects to analyse wins and losses and tracker for brand development
• Setting up product codes on Opera with pre-defined criteria and formatting
• Creating product specification guides and barcodes where needed
• Ongoing maintenance of product codes (dormant, discontinued status)
• Administration of ongoing supplier price changes
• Collate all information from supplier and ensure all documents held by factories (ISO, Environmental, Health & Safety) are renewed and up to date
• Maintain document library on central drive and set up database to include all product data, including green data (plastic, paper) for completion of corporate environmental data requests, and compliance with Government legislation
• Collate new product information for the website and product information sheets for customers
• Supporting the Product Development Manager during tenders and product and margin reviews
• Liaising with Customer Services on quality issues
If you like the idea of making an impact in a brand new role within a friendly and supportive team, please hit APPLY now to send your CV for immediate consideration.
No CV? No problem – please contact Nikki on 07483 122610 for a confidential chat.
Pertemps is an equal opportunities employer