Highways Project Manager
You will be working as part of the Project Delivery Team in the management of Highways and Transport programme of works, ensuring that projects are developed and delivered through established project management processes.
Within this role, you will be responsible for;
- Preparing agreed project documentation for multi-disciplinary in-house and partner project teams.
- Developing project briefs and business cases with Project Sponsors.
- Lead project meetings and manage/coordinate projects based on established project management principles.
- Prepare written and verbal reports to project board and Cabinet Member or committee as required.
- Monitor project progress and prepare status reports for the Project Board and other stakeholders
- Act as a single point of contact for all stakeholders including external agencies concerning the progress of projects.
- Coordinate the assembly of project documentation and contribute to submissions for external funding as required.
- Manage the project budget and be responsible for the delivery of the project to the agreed quality and programme criteria, including project closure and financial completion.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence the following;
- Extensive experience in managing civil engineering or other relevant projects
- A proven record of project leadership and giving direction to a team
- Experience in working with multi-disciplinary professionals and elected members within a highways and transport related function.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and member of an appropriate professional institution
- Makes decisions on planning and delivery of project outcomes
This is a 6 month temporary role based in Swindon