Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently searching for an Technical Contract Author to work with one of the UKs major utility provider.
The Technical Contract Author will join the Contract Management Team and provide technical drafting support to staff within various technical teams within the business. The role sits within the Contract Management team developing a suite of standard contract templates which will be used by the business.
Key Accountabilities will include;
• Be the primary specialist technical author to support all business teams in drafting the Scope of Works/Services for NEC3 sub-contracts for a range of goods, works and services
• Ensure that technical scope documents are aligned and consistent with the STS NEC3 template documents
• Act as the "Company Specialist" for technical contract authoring
• Ensure consistency of approach across all teams whilst ensuring specifications are both robust and practical
• Train and up skill technical teams to improve the standard of all sub contract documents
• Create and maintain a library of standard documents for use on future contracts
• Review and comment on existing contracts and identify opportunities for improvement
• Provide contract guidance when engaging with suppliers and subcontractors
Candidates needs to have the following experience.
• Experience of working within the water and wastewater sector
• Working knowledge of standard forms of contract including NEC3 forms
• Detailed working knowledge of what elements are important when writing technical contracts
• Client or Contractor experience of service and asset management contracts
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High proficiency in MSWord and document management and control
If you wish to apply for this role please click on the link below.