Pertemps are currently recruiting for a Technical Analyst (Desktop & Infrastructure Services Delivery) to work for one of the largest Utility companies in Coventry.
Technical Analyst - Role Objective:
Technical Analyst - Experience:
- To build, test and deliver quality technical solutions to enable timely delivery of projects.
- To provide 2nd/3rd line technical delivery, support and administration of the desktop and infrastructure services.
- Participation and engagement in Projects/Service improvements impacting technology area within team domain.
- Identification ownership and implementation of proactive maintenance plans including essential upgrades and software patches.
- Monitor and review service performance at a component level e.g. Application Server, production of reports including recommendations for risk mitigation.
- 3rd party/vendor liaison with respect to technical build, support and maintenance.
- Meet levels of service in line with published/agreed SLA’s.
- Adherence to all the processes including:-
- Raising, reviewing and approval of Change Controls.
- Identify, investigate, update and resolve problem records.
- Ensuring the configuration management database is maintained.
- Active handover to support engagement ensuring that technology implemented is supportable and maintainable.
- Identify and drive service and efficiency improvements.
- To ensure desktop and infrastructure supporting documentation is maintained in line with desktop and infrastructure improvements and maintenance activities.
- Maintain awareness of current developments including production of associated product life-cycles and roadmaps.
- Provision of out of hours support including participation in an on-call/stand-by rota.
- Able to work unsocial hours when required which may include short durations away from home e.g. DR exercises.
- To provide technical guidance to colleagues.
- Essential 5 years+ experience of delivering, maintaining and supporting an expanding complex IT Infrastructure with 4 years + experience of planning and implementing desktop and infrastructure solutions
- Hands on delivery and build experience with a number of the following technology areas with deep/expert knowledge of the following skillsets:-
Technical Analyst - Qualification:
- Microsoft products: Desktop & Server technologies (Windows Server 2008 – 2016, Windows 2010, Office 2007-2016, App-V 4&5 Packaging, Office 365, SCCM, OSD Build, Group Policy, AD [ADFS, Domain Controllers, DFS]);
- Citrix technologies (XenDesktop, XenApp, Netscaler, PVS);
- Scripting/Coding – Powershell, VB, Application Packaging.
- Graduate level qualification (desired)
- Recognised vendor accreditation in a technical specialist area e.g. Microsoft, Scripting, Citrix etc (essential)
- ITIL Foundation certificate (essential - ideally v3).
Technical Analyst - Additional information:
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY TODAY!!