We are recruiting for a AutoCAD Sr. Designer / Technician for one of the UKs largest Utility companies based in the midlands.
AutoCAD Sr. Designer / Technician - Role Objectives:
The Senior Digital Designers will lead a team (in either Raynesway or Finham) of approx. 5 Digital Designers with varying abilities from apprentices to experienced Designers
The successful candidate will assist establishing guidelines, procedures for CAD data management and 3D object libraries as well as assisting managing workload distribution within the Digital Design Department.
AutoCAD Sr. Designer / Technician – Accountabilities
- Assist the Digital Design Manager to organise and create the guidelines for engineering, installation drawings and to develop standards for the function and in the delivery of the CAD/BIM workload within the overall Design function.
- Assist Design teams to create layout, general arrangement and detailed drawings, including development of automated scheduling of plant equipment and fittings.
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams and Pipework and Instrumentation Diagrams (P and IDs) including the development of automated scheduling of mechanical, electrical and ICA equipment.
- Support the Design Engineers with respect to the planning and design of civil, mechanical and electrical installations.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation to record design decisions made in drawing preparation.
- Revise and update 3D models and 2D drawings and specifications reflecting design changes collaborating with the Design Engineer / Project team to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
AutoCAD Sr. Designer / Technician - Experience:
AutoCAD Sr. Designer / Technician - Additional information: Rate:
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software, Common Data Environment (CDE), AutoCAD Civil3D design software, Autodesk REVIT design software and Autodesk Navisworks design software.
- Extensive experience generating engineering drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Site layout and equipment arrangement using Design Software in a 3D environment
- Knowledge of ISO19650 and PAS/BS1192 relevant standards and guidance associated with delivering projects to BIM level 2.
- Experience in preparing drawings relating to water / wastewater treatment facilities. (preferred)
£30 to £35 p/hLocation:
Longbridge / Finham or RayneswayDuration:
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!