We are recruiting for Project Engineer for one of the largest Utility companies.
Project Engineer - Role Objective:
Project Engineer - Accountabilities:
- The role involves working within the Capital Delivery team, supporting the programme manager and engineers, delivering third party requested Water diversions and mains reinforcements through framework ‘design and build’ contractors.
- Scope includes taking application from initial enquiry through design and offer generation, and on acceptance through to construction and commissioning.
Project Engineer - Experience
- Ability to work under pressure delivering a dynamic programme of work to tight internal and industry external Service level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Support the Programme Team and ensure the company discharges its duties in accordance with CDM regulations.
- Perform the role of NEC Project Manager (or elements of it) when delegated by the Programme Manager.
- Act as a representative to an external Client, managing direct contact, developing stakeholder relationships and working to develop processes that allow successful delivery for all parties.
- Support the Programme Team to ensure key programme success criteria are met, including project outcomes, dates and budgets.
- Ensure challenges and innovations are considered and best practise developed and shared.
- Undertake financial management of projects to ensure accurate and robust financial forecasting and budgetary allocation.
- Support the Programme team to drive the identification and management of risks and opportunities which could impact on the delivery of the programme.
- Support the Programme Team as part of weekly/monthly meetings to monitor progress, identify issues and ensure the implementation of remedial actions. Ensure all project/contract correspondence is recorded.
- Drive safety improvement performance within the direct supply chain. The safety of employees, customers, public and those impacted by our operations is paramount.
- Ensure the statutory obligations and outcomes are met for the programme of work being delivered.
- Work with the Programme Team to develop communication strategies to publicise the teams’ works internally. Work with our external stakeholders to ensure a high customer focus is maintained.
- Influence, manage and direct other teams to ensure timely and efficient delivery of the programme. Working with stakeholders represented on the internal programme Steering Group. Including ad-hoc reporting and assessment of emerging risks.
- Appreciation of Contract Law and Construction Contract terms.
- Appreciation of risk management knowledge and understanding.
- Willingness to develop client relationship management skills.
- Ability to integrate various stakeholders to deliver project objectives.
- Awareness of sound financial management and analytical skills.
- Awareness of project planning and using data to identify areas of focus.
Project Engineer - Additional information:Locaion:
- Mandatory: Full UK driving license
£200 - £250/dayDuration:
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!