Warehouse Operative required for one of the largest Utility companies. They are looking for the best talent to join them in delivering an outstanding customer experience.
They recognise that investments in both employee development and working environment drive them forward as a modern, innovative and ultimately industry leading operation
Time: 07:30 – 15:30 and Fridays 07:30 – 15:00 no Sat or Sunday
Warehouse Operative - Role Objective:
Providing a critical service to Company Wholesale. Tasks involve end to end Stock Management, liaising with Team leaders, Distribution, Water production & Waster Water Team Managers, Engineers and other key stakeholders.
To support Manager on all Health, Safety and Environmental standards.
You will be working face to face with internal and external Stores customers offering excellent customer service, seeking to be the preferred supplier of choice.
The primary role will be county based but you may be expected to cover and work in other regions and deliver to other counties in line with business needs.
Warehouse Operative - Key Accountabilities:
Warehouse Operative - Experience:
- Receipting, issuing and returning of stock via bar-coding / SAP computer systems including electronic internal transfers of materials where required to meet materials requirement needs
- Ensuring all materials movements are conducted via the bar-coding / SAP system to support financial code & legal audit compliance
- Identifying materials replenishment needs via scheduled SAP generated MRP runs and physical observations
- Monitoring of purchase requisitions to monitor successful progression to purchase orders with agreed suppliers
- Manual ad-hoc materials purchase order creations to support the needs of the customer and materials management.
- Completion of daily materials replenishment deliveries to a number of sites throughout the STW network by means of dedicated stores fleet to or from the desired delivery / collection points.
- Liaise with Stores Team Leaders to assist improvements with materials management via min/max level adjustments; lead times and rounding values to improve department performance via KPI & ODI performance measures.
- Liaise with Stores Team Leaders and IS over identified improvement needs within the SAP system.
- Liaise with suppliers & Team Leaders to raised identified discrepancies of deliveries, damaged goods and quality control concerns.
- The creation, physical count and data entry of weekly cycle counting for increased stock control and to comply with the legal audit requirements. Escalating identified gains and losses to Team Leader for final approval.
- Liaise with Team Leaders to generate ad-hoc, specific item cycle counts to improve accuracy of stock holding and drive continual improvements.
- Weekly Comm Cell/Loop Cell attendance & active participation to support continuous improvement needs
- Daily house keeping duties including use of floor cleaners
- Targeted, but not limited to, inspections to be completed - Vehicle, Mobile Plant, External Yard, Office/ Operational Workplace, Emergency Stores, Continuous supplies rooms, Lifting equipment, Racking and other manual handlings aids.
- Hygiene code compliance for the safe storage and handling of fittings.
- Log all Health and Safety concerns via the Airsweb database and adhere with Stores Audit procedures
- Daily operation of, but not limited to, heavy plant lifting equipment, manual lifting equipment and other manual handling aids.
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have: Essential
Warehouse Operative - Qualifications: Essential
- Must have full Clean UK Driving Licence
- Fork-lift Truck licences (Reach & Counterbalance).
- Good IT Skills (S.A.P, Excel – Assist 2) (Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Workplace Health and Safety awareness.
- Environmental Management Systems awareness - Ideally to ISO 14001 Standards
- Previous customer interface experience
- Completion of weekly / ad-hoc report to Line Manager
- Experience in a Manual & physical role
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths & English
• Full clean UK Driving Licence
• Counterbalance & Reach Fork Lift Truck Licences Additional information:Location:
Raynesway DerbyPay rate:
as soon as possible until March 2019 and high potential of getting extended
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!