We are currently recruiting a Full Stack Java Developer for one of the largest Utility companies in the West Midlands.
- The Application Developer's main role is to manage the contribution to new development and provide support for the Application Services Java space based on an in depth analysis of technical and functional needs.
- The role requires experience and in-depth knowledge of Java.
- The successful application will be required to analyse requirements, create solution options reports, develop and support the Java applications although it should be noted that this is principally a development role with support activities as the team has Development and Support responsibilities to its customers.
- The Java Application Developer will report directly to the Digital Technologies Technical Team Manager.
- Design, Build, Test and have involvement in all stages of the project and development lifecycles.
- Works closely with the Customer or Business Configures and carries out support and development based on the requirements and/or functional specifications provided.
- Has a keen interest in producing solution options and performing development for mobile and web applications as well as for legacy systems.
- Has a good understanding of the rationale behind any new and existing development in the respective Digital and Java space.
- Works with the Release Manager and Test Analyst to undertake unit and component integration testing to the required standard ready for formal testing to be undertaken.
- Service Management
- Be part of the Application Services Java Technical team providing 2nd and 3rd Level application support to ST business colleagues.
- Responsible for triaging of Incidents and Service Requests within area of expertise and ownership as per established SLA's.
- Communicates effectively with the Business users, Technical Team and #Customer IS members for ensuring speedy and timely resolution of issues / problems.
- Manages transition from development to support, as and when any project / enhancement are moved to production and provide sign-off on completion of transition against agreed acceptance criteria.
- Create, review and approve documents generated on an ongoing basis for changes made to the baseline documents received during transition.
- You may also on occasions be required by the company to work longer hours in order to meet the requirements of the Business and deadlines set by Portfolio Projects.
A Full stack Java developer with following skillset to work on a customer facing website involving integration with external systems like ESRI maps, SAP etc. via web services: Essential
- Java/J2EE skills gained through enterprise scale developments
- Must have ADOBE experience
- Struts, Spring Core / MVC, Servlets / JSP
- Adobe Experience Manager or any other content management system
- Experience of EAI, Service orientated architectures (SOAP and REST)
- SQL Server skills, JDBC
- Knowledge of different testing strategies and relevant benefits
- Web Servers/Application Servers experience
In order to succeed in this role it is expected that you will have:
• Java training and experience in relevant development technology and toolset. Additional Information:Day rate:
£500 – £550/dayLocation:
If this sounds like something for you then please Apply!!