Pertemps have exciting opportunities working for our client based in the Wembley area, we are looking to recruit full time non-emergency Patient Transport Drivers to work in affiliation with the NHS.
These are permanent positions working 5 out of 7 days including Saturdays. Additional payments are made for overtime plus there is a quarterly bonus of £250 for excellent attendance and no damage to the vehicles.
Candidates should have a professional and caring attitude and ideally experience within the caring industry or have experience of caring for and transporting members of the public.
Successful candidates will have a fully funded and extensive 2 week training package which includes full First Aid training, Moving & Handling and Health & Safety Training
You will need a full UK drivers licence including B category.
Candidates should have a passion to want to care with a positive attitude and a flexible approach to meeting the needs of our s requirements.
Ideally, all candidates should live close to Wembley and have their own transport to the depot due to early shift times.
As a Transport Services Driver you will have the following responsibilities:
The transportation of patients including those on stretchers, who require a responsive level of care and assistance, there may be a need to provide emergency aid where appropriate. The journey's will include to and from home addresses and to and from hospital/s or other treatment centres.
To operate interchangeably as either driver or attendant in a 2 person ambulance crew.
You will be ensuring the well-being of patients, showing empathy and providing reassurance, through to assessing and monitoring physical well-being.
The role is to provide and maintain a caring environment for non-emergency patients and provide a transport service as appropriate for the needs of the patient. At all times safety remains paramount and that safe systems of work are adhered to regarding stretchers, carry chairs, wheelchairs, clamps, seat belts etc.
The ideal Transport Services Drivers will have the following knowledge / skills / abilities:
• Ability to carry out manual handling including the lifting of patients and equipment as part of a 2 person team due to nature of the role
• Good verbal and listening skills
• Fluent English and able to communicate well in an appropriate manner and communicate to control via a handheld device
• A friendly and positive approach with good interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate the ability and commitment to providing high quality care, appropriate to needs
• Maintains a flexible and proactive approach to work
• To be flexible on a daily basis in relation to shift finishing times
• Previous driving experience
Required licences or certifications:
• B Category entitlement
• UK Driving License
All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and previous employment referencing due to the nature of the role.
The target earnings are £9.19 an hour and made up of 3 elements:
• Basic hourly pay: £8.76 per hour with any overtime paid at 1.33 times basic pay
• Attendance bonus. This is included in the basic hourly pay and has a value of £100 per calendar month. 1 or more day's absence, for whatsoever reason other than pre booked holiday, in a month incurs loss of this £100 payment.
• Vehicle & patient blameworthy crew's accident bonus. £250 per quarter payable if
• No blameworthy accidents incurred in your crew (single or 2 person crew, not individual regardless who is more directly involved)
The individual attendance bonus has been earned in all months
Paid quarterly if in the companies employment on the due payment date.
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.