IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Lead required to join a major utilities company in Reading.
On offer is a competitive salary package which includes an excellent contributory pension and holiday scheme.
The wider benefits scheme includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers, as well as 2 paid volunteering days per year.
IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Lead - Responsibilities
IT Service Asset and Configuration Management Lead
- Support the maintenance of the service asset and configuration management process, policies, procedures and guidelines and assist in the management of the lifecycle for service assets including inventory, compliance, usage and disposal.
- Assist in the management of the lifecycle for service assets including inventory, compliance, usage and disposal and maintain the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the service asset and configuration management process is consistently followed across the service delivery function and that full process compliance is achieved across all retail groups and third party suppliers.
- Service management - Support other service management processes and activities to support the delivery of BAU including, change & release management, incident management, problem management, capacity management, availability management and continuity management/DR.
- Service asset and configuration management reporting - Support the provision of regular, transparent and accurate reporting on all service asset and configuration management activities against agreed KPIs and performance criteria.
- Risk management - Work in collaboration with the operational risk and compliance manager to identify risks and issues that arise from the service asset and configuration management process.
- Continuous service improvement - Make recommendations and support service asset and configuration management CSI activities to improve overall process delivery.
- Stakeholder management - Develop key relationships within the business areas and the IT to support the management of all incidents but in particular major Incidents and business significant incidents to ensure that business impact is fully identified and understood and stakeholders are fully engaged during the incident management process.
- Skills and Experience:
- Experience in service asset and configuration management experience adhering to ITIL/ITSM standards and at least two years of team leader responsibilities.
- Must have ITIL intermediate service transition or release, control and validation, experience working in an IT operational environment and the ability to deliver continuous improvement against agreed criteria and measurement of the successful outcome.
- Strong planning, communication and presentation skills, the capability to listen and influence, and is proficient in process management and excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team building, negotiation, conflict management, and time management skills.
- Essential technical skills broad knowledge of asset management technologies, including discovery tools and CMBD automated tooling, process design and management, customer service techniques, IT operations management, stakeholder management.
£48,300 per annumType:
2 years fixed termcontract
If this sounds like something for you then please Apply.