We are recruiting for AutoCAD Designer / Technician for one of the UKs largest Utility companies based in the midlands.
AutoCAD Designer / Technician - Role Objectives:
The Designer will be part of a team deliver outputs using the latest software technologies to create quality designs within the overall Design function.
The Digital Designer will perform typical project related tasks and will be immersed into the design teams to deliver quality outputs.
AutoCAD Designer / Technician - Accountabilities
AutoCAD Designer / Technician - Experience:
- Assist implementing standards and guidelines and also assist Design teams to create layout, general arrangement and detailed drawings, including development of automated scheduling of plant equipment and fittings.
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams and Pipework and Instrumentation Diagrams (P and IDs) including the development of automated scheduling of mechanical, electrical and ICA equipment.
- Revise and update 3D models and 2D drawings and specifications reflecting design changes collaborating with the Design Engineer / Project team to ensure consistent documentation of the project.
- Support the Design Engineer with respect to the planning and design of civil, mechanical and electrical installations.
- Maintain notes, design calculations and other documentation to record design decisions made in drawing preparation.
AutoCAD Designer / Technician - Additional information: Rate:
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D design software, Civil3D design software and Autodesk REVIT.
- Knowledge of ISO19650 and PAS/BS1192 relevant standards and guidance associated with delivering projects to BIM level 2.
- Extensive experience generating engineering drawings from sketches and specifications.
- Knowledgeable of standard drafting practices and procedures.
- Experience in preparing drawings relating to water / wastewater treatment facilities. (preferred)
£25 to £30 p/hLocation:
Longbridge / Finham or RayneswayDuration:
If this sounds like something for you - APPLY!