Pertemps Managed Solutions are currently recruiting on behalf of a government agency based in Cardiff who are looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist
The procurement department supports the various directorates in procuring goods, services and works which enables the directorates to fulfil their corporate and commercial objectives, with a strong focus on flood risk management and consultancy services.
As a procurement professional the contractor will be responsible for a portfolio of contracts required by Evidence, Policy and Permitting and South Operations customers. The post holder will become part of several project teams and will play a pivotal role in the delivery of contracts and frameworks required by the business; this requires the candidate to be able to work to challenging project timescales and deadlines, across multiple requirements.
• The Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (Full Membership, or working towards)
• Substantial experience as a Procurement practitioner, in the application of knowledge and the specific requirements of the post.
• Substantial experience of influencing procurement decisions at a project level.
• Experience of undertaking and leading procurement exercises, demonstrating success with their delivery
• Experience of undertaking high level and complex negotiations with supply partners
• Transferrable experience of using procurement to deliver business objectives.
• Understanding of procurement concepts, practices, governance & techniques, & maintenance of this through a range of interests & peer group interaction.
For more information please apply and a recruitment consultant will be in touch to answer any queries you may have