We are looking for a Data Governance Manager to join a major utilities company in Reading, currently undergoing a transformation of its digital and data landscape. This entails significant change across all areas of the business; this role is part of a system integration task force where you will also have the responsibility of moving the business forward in the governance and quality of their data, setting up frameworks and understanding risks.
The Data Governance Manager will act as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
Data Governance Manager responsibilities:
This is a key role within a busy Service Transition Team and will involve you building relationships both within this team and other departments across the business.
You will be responsible for liaising with all in-flight and pipeline projects to map project environment requirements to current availability, and will also manage all environment issues and incidents to completion.
Day to day this will involve;
- Improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets
- Establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department and business and functional areas level
- Achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs
- Continuous service improvement – Develop, make recommendations and own Data Governance CSI activities to improve overall process delivery
This role requires substantial experience working within an IS architecture role, as well as the ability to influence senior customers and stakeholders, with a strong team working method and excellent collaboration skills.
Data Governance Manager skills and experience:
- Substantial experience working in an IS architecture role
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues, good communication skills, strong conceptual thinking are key to this role
If this looks like your next career opportunity then please use the apply button above to send over your CV, or contact Clare O'Brien at Pertemps Managed Solutions on 0118 207 0830 for further information.