SUMMARY: Conveyancer - One of the UK's largest residential developers are seeking an experienced Conveyancer to join their busy plot conveyancing team
JOB TITLE: In-house Conveyancer
LOCATION: Tonbridge (commutable from Maidstone, Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks, Kent)
SALARY: On application
THE ROLE: Assisting the Legal Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running and timely achievements of plot sales transactions and consequential part exchange transactions. As the appointed In-House Residential Conveyancer you will be liaising with the allocated Business Unit(s), keeping them up-dated with progression on Plot, part exchange and sale on transactions and progressing transaction as well as providing a comprehensive reporting and monitoring system for the progress and completion of plot and part exchange transactions:
Key activities will include
• Dealing with all aspects of the conveyancing sale process from start to finish, ie from compiling and sending out papers with exchange deadlines, to completions for the sale of new homes.
• To be self-sufficient in generating correspondence and dealing with enquiries, attending to pre-exchange, pre-completion and post completion matters.
• Submitting to Land Registry and Local Authority Master Conveyance Plans for approval
• Achieving department set performance targets for the dispatch of contracts, exchanges and completions and assist the achievement of targets set by the Business Units
THE CANDIDATE: The successful In-House Residential Conveyancer will have:
• Previous experience in a plot sales environment OR an understanding of the residential property environment
• Knowledge of the conveyancing processes
• Experience in handling high volume work and the ability to remain calm and collected
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a team. Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and clients at all levels.
• A methodical and accurate approach to all tasks
• Must be able to interpret instructions correctly and act upon them. Must also be comfortable and have sound judgement, regarding using own initiative and taking responsibility where necessary and appropriate.
• Positive attitude with a high level of personal motivation