£40000 - £48000 per annum
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Senior Support Engineer
Location: Leatherhead, Surrey
Your future duties and responsibilities:
The role is to provide leadership, coordination and technical direction of onsite support for multiple client sites across Europe. Based in Leatherhead, Surrey in the UK, this role will require the candidate to be on client sites in Europe approximately 75% of the time and be responsive to project and client needs to travel at short notice.
As a Senior Support Engineer you will:
• Provide technical direction and guidance to the Support Team;
• Technically lead the installation and upgrade strategy of Software Releases;
• Coordinate with the Programme Design Authority;
• Provide onsite support to software and hardware releases, and investigations of issues arising.
We are looking for:
• A proactive leader with hands on problem solving skills;
• A thorough and analytical approach to diagnose and resolve operational issues;
• Is self-confident, creative and possesses a 'can-do' attitude;
• Effective communications skills with a range of stakeholders.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience of the following is essential:
• Developing strategy;
• Linux Admin (SUSE / Redhat);
• Windows Admin (Active Directory / Exchange Server / Server admin);
• Basic networking and firewalls;
• Oracle systems;
• Working with standards and formal procedures;
• Producing and maintaining documentation.