Lead Network Engineer (Cisco / Security) – Manchester City Centre based - Perm £48k-£55k p.a.
Join an existing Tech Ops team based in Manchester City Centre, the team are recruiting a Senior Network Engineer who specialises in network security. Tech Ops team are responsible for internally managing and maintaining a first class, effective, robust and secure networking and corporate service.
The successful candidate will have significant experience of delivering Cisco technical support at a senior level (3). You will need to possess an in-depth understanding of network security which considered essential for the role.
Experience in the following areas is considered key:
· Excellent knowledge of Cisco network security products demonstrable to CCNP Security level.
· Enterprise LAN and Data Centre networking knowledge and experience
· Hands on experience of routing protocols and WAN technologies such as EIGRP, BGP, policy based routing and redistribution.
Experience in the following technologies is highly advantageous
· Cisco ASA firewall based security infrastructure
· Cisco Ironport Web Security
· Cisco FireSIGHT and FirePOWER Intrusion Prevention Systems
· Cisco ACS or ISE authentication servers
· Load balancers (F5 Big IP LTM, ASM) or Kemp Load Master in particular.
· Cisco IOS and Nexus based routing and switching
· VPN Secure access protocols (IPSec, SSL etc)
· Cisco Wireless LAN Controller
· Siemens Voice communication system to include Openscape and Xpressions
· RSA Authentication Manager
· Polycom video conferencing environments
· Azure Networking technologies
· Network monitoring systems such as Cacti or SolarWinds
Team are looking for the best people who can continue to help them grow and develop the service.
Interviews ASAP, start ASAP (will wait for the right candidate), in return, you can expect a great range of financial and work/life balance benefits.