Build/Release engineer position based in Maidenhead
Our Client's Licensing software makes it easy for software vendors and high-tech manufacturers to manage, secure, enhance, and grow market share through flexible pricing, packaging, licensing, and protection of their software and SaaS offerings.
This is a Build/Release engineer position that will be focused on driving forward the build infrastructure for the Licensing products.
The ideal candidate will be from a strong technical background and will have prior software development experience.
This person will work closely with development and QA engineers to deliver efficient, effective solutions for cross platform continuous build systems.
This position is based in our Maidenhead office and presents a great opportunity to join a dynamic, forward thinking build and test automation organization that serves multiple product teams.
• Take ownership of the build of disparate product components and refactor & automate their build systems to provide predictable, reproducible & maintainable build systems.
• Perform tasks related to software configuration management including branching, tagging, archiving etc.
• Work closely with development, product management, technical publications, support and other teams to improve the product quality.
• Communicate regular updates to line management and key stakeholders on progress.
• System administration of build and QA machines (primarily Windows and Unix)
Qualifications, education and experience:
• Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
• Familiarity with non-windows operating systems (e.g. Linux, OS X, Solaris, HPUX).
• Experience with software development in any capacity - especially in C/C++/Java/Python
• Familiarity with SCM automation preferably with Perforce
• Familiarity with Continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity)
• Familiarity with Build automation tools (e.g. make/ant/maven)
• Ability to work on multiple releases and multiple products at the same time
• Good team player with excellent organizational, communication, and documentation skills
• Self-starter and ability to adapt and learn new things
• Experience with at least one server class hypervisor or cloud technology (e.g. VMware ESXi, Citrix XenServer, KVM, Oracle Logical Domains)
• Experience with working with an offshore team
• Experience with Configuration tools like Ansible/Chef
• Experience with Jira/Confluence