Design Engineer required for a prestigious manufacturing subsidiary in Gloucestershire, that sit within the Industrial Power Transmission Industry. This brand new opportunity is offering a competitive salary of up to £35,000 and based on a straight day shift. The successful applicant will also receive the following employment benefits: Cash Health Scheme, Gym Membership Contribution, Local Bonus Scheme, Competitive Pension Plan and Death in Service Benefit.
As a Design Engineer, your day-to-day duties will include:
- Preparation of Manufacturing Drawings based on layouts and sketches.
- Produce BOMs/Material Specifications.
- Checking off/approving drawings and designs.
- Provide Engineered solutions as per customer requirements, including "one off" designs to suit specific applications.
- Assist with costings/quotations for new designs and completion of relevant documentation.
Performing standard calculations for mechanical components (keyways, bearings, springs, stress and torsional stiffness).
- In order to be considered for the role of Design Engineer, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- Experience in using 2D/3D modelling software (Inventor, Solidworks etc.)
- Previous experience within Manufacturing and Engineering Design.
- Knowledge of MRP and PDM systems.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Knowledge of Geometric Tolerancing and Tolerance Stack-up calculations.
- Ideally the successful candidate will possess experience in Power Transmission Product Design, i.e. Mining, Energy, Steel, Automation and Process Plant.
If you meet the criteria above and wish to apply for the role of Design Engineer, please submit your CV by clicking apply below.