Pertemps are looking for an experiernced, enthusiatic Transport Manager / Supervisor to join a busy, expanding Builders Merchant’s depot in Reading!
This role is based at our Client’s site in Reading. You will be responisble for efficient and effective movement of stock and liasing with their other branch.
You wil be responsible for :
- Effectively organise and manage a team of drivers and vehicles
- Ensuring correct quantities of products reach their required location within a specific time limit
- Monitoring the team’s progress
- Develop and establish customer relationships
- Dealing with questions and complaints in a calm and decisive manner
As the Transport Manager / Supervisor
, you will also be responsible for organising and overseeing all Health & Safety checks and routine vehicle checks adhering to both company and statutory requirements. You will work closely with the Transport CPC Holder and ensure everyone is aware of all transport legislation and procedures to ensure company compliance.Your daily duties will include:
To be considered for this exciting Transport Manager / Supervisor role, you will need the following experience:
- Running day-to-day operations of transport department and be responsible for delivering products to customers’ site, in full, on time (IFOT)
- Dispatching, routing, tracking and managing your team of drivers and vehicles from both depots
- Arrange inductions and training for new staff and agency workers
- Maintain accurate administrative records and run daily reports
- Identify operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a Builders Merchant’s
- Excellent organiser and communicate both orally and written
- Customer and client orientated
- Computer literate
- Effective decision making and leadership skills
If you are interested in applying to this Transport Manager / Supervisor
role, please apply now!