Vacancy: Humanities, Gateshead, Easter till Summer with potential to extend.
On behalf of our client school in Gateshead we are seeking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Teacher of Humanities to join their talented and successful faculty. The school itself is an over-subscribed and outstanding 11-16 school based in the area. This vacancy to cover maternity from Easter, however there will be an opportunity of a permanent contract based on feedback.
The successful candidate will be committed to excellence through innovative practice. The post would suit either an NQT, who would be given a comprehensive induction programme, an RQT or an experienced teacher seeking further professional development. Candidates will be expected to teach across KS3-4, whilst effectively maintaining a positive learning environment.
Standard requirements are:
- QTS or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience of humanities
- Be well organised with high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
- Have knowledge of the National Curriculum.
- Have strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, parents and students.
- Have great organisation and time management skills.
The Education Network is committed to Safer Recruitment and recruits to Compliance + standards. Any appointment will be subject to stringent checks including referencing and an enhanced DBS check. The Education Network is an equal opportunities employer. The Education Network is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.