We are currently seeking a hardworking, enthusiastic and resilient Year 2 teacher to work in one of our fantastic partnership primary schools in Ashington. This is a full-time role starting at February half term and lasting at least until the summer though it will likely run for a full year. It is therefore important that the school find the right person for the role, as the successful candidate will become an active and valued part of the wider school community.
This is a fairly challenging school, although the large network of staff strive to work together as a strong and supportive team to make sure that the children are given the best possible opportunity to succeed. We will accept applications from both experienced Year 2 Teachers and excellent NQTs who have a proven track record of promoting pupil progress in KS1. The successful candidate will obviously have to lead the class through the Year 2 SATs, so good subject knowledge and use of assessment is essential.
* QTS in the UK
* Recent and relevant experience in UK schools, preferably as a Year 2 Teacher
* Ability to teach and reflect upon engaging lessons which produce quantifiable pupil progress across a range of abilities
* Excellent behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Effective use of AfL and formal assessment strategies to track pupil progress and inform future planning
* A full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Year 2 Teacher
*Secure working knowledge of the Year 2 national curriculum
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Year 2 Teacher, then please apply directly to this advert for more information about the registration process; we look forward to hearing from you!
If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful.