We are currently seeking a capable, passionate and hard-working Y1 Teaching Assistant to work on a full-time basis within one of our fantastic partnership primary schools in South Shields. This is a medium-sized primary school in the heart of South Shields and they are looking for an enthusiastic teaching assistant who can support learning in their Y1 class until the end of the academic year (July 2019).
We will accept applications from both experienced Y1 Teaching Assistants and recently qualified practitioners who are excited to learn and develop as professionals. Successful candidates will be expected to provide learning support across a range of abilities, and should aim to become a valued part of the school community.
Successful candidates MUST:
* Hold their Level 3 Teaching Assistant qualification or higher
* Have recent and relevant experience (preferably as a Y1 Teaching Assistant) supporting learning in UK schools
* Possess good behaviour management skills and the ability to build strong professional rapports with children and staff
* Be able to effectively assist the teacher on a 1:1, small group or whole class basis, depending on what is required
* Have a full understanding of safeguarding procedures and the responsibilities of a Y1 Teaching Assistant
If you think that you could be suitable for the role of Y1 Teaching Assistant or would simply like to ask a few questions, then please apply directly to this advert; we look forward to hearing from you! The Education Network are acting as a recruitment agency for this vacancy. If you have not heard form us within 3 working days, then your application has been unsuccessful.