Pertemps Specialist Division are working exclusively with an Edinburgh-based services provider, who are looking to add an experienced accounts assistant to their team due to a period of continued growth. The successful candidate will report directly to the finance director and liaise with the directors of the business, this opportunity would be suited to an experienced individual who is looking for an all-round accounts role, and keen to gain accounts experience at a senior level.
- Posting and reconciling of bank transactions within the accounting system
- Prepare daily client money reconciliation
- Management of the purchase and sales ledgers ensuring timely payment
- Carry out daily banking duties
- Support the debt collection process in relation to borrower repayments and any corresponding recoveries actions
- Aid preparation of monthly management accounts
- Contribute to the budgeting and forecasting process
- Update and maintain operational procedures
- Collation of information for FCA returns and other regulatory reporting
- Participate in various project workstreams
- Previous experience in an accountancy/finance role, with experience across all aspects of transactional finance.
- Accountancy qualification would be advantageous.
- Relevant accounting experience
- Proficient in use of accounting software
- Rigorous and consistent approach to monthly reporting procedures
- Solid Excel skills with the ability to handle data in an efficient way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Business acumen, self-motivation and strong relationship skills
- Ability to work well & co-ordinate with different departments
If you are interested in finding out more information, please apply now and one of our specialist consultants will get in touch to begin the application process.
Pertemps highly experienced Permanent Recruitment team specialise in identifying, sourcing and providing you with attractive and aspirational permanent job opportunities for your next career step.
We are engaged by many of the leading Private and Public Sector organisations across Scotland to secure the very best talent across a range of skill sets, professions and specialisms.
Our industry specific recruitment experts are delighted to be available to you to provide exclusive job opportunities, market advice, personalised insights and to inform and support you throughout your career journey, no matter what stage you may be at. We would love to hear from you.