My client is a well-established and successful Accountancy practice on the outskirts of Cambridge who requires an experienced and versatile Accounts Assistant/Practice Administrator, reporting to the Practice Manager, tasked with the practice accounting and fee-billing.
This is a varied and responsible position which is key within the business. The successful candidate will possess strong all-round accounting knowledge and be a confident communicator.
Duties will include:
• Purchase ledger- checking, inputting and paying invoices and staff expenses; Creditors reports.
• Sales ledger - Invoices, billing decisions, credit notes, credit control; Processing all receipts, reconciling accounts.
• Daily banking of cash and cheques; Raising and sending monthly statements; Weekly bank reconciliation.
• Checking and inputting monthly staff timesheets.
• Reconciling time and work in progress.
• End of month reconciliations, profit and loss, fees and recoveries reports.
• Balances and reports
• Petty cash reconciliation
• VAT return
• Payroll cover
• Maintaining designated client bank accounts.
• Disbursements and recharge invoices.
• Monthly time analysis report for partners.
• Systems used: Using Iris, Sage and Xero computer systems.
• Administration, dealing with correspondence, service contracts, seminars, staff training.
Please note this is an internal role and not a trainee/study role. The position is not client facing but will be busy, interesting and pivotal to the smooth running of the partnership.